Term and Condition
Property Manager - Booking Engine
Privacy Notice for Business Partners
The current Privacy Notice explains how companies within the housecloud.app group process personal data of individuals, collaborators, owners, or representatives acting on behalf of our Business Associates (current, past, or potential).>In this disclosure, companies within the housecloud.app group may be referred to as 'we', 'us', 'our', or 'housecloud.app'. Individual individuals, collaborators, owners, or representatives acting on behalf of our Business Associates may be collectively or separately referred to as 'you', 'your', 'yours', 'Partner Businesses', or 'Business Partners'. >In the context of this Privacy Notice, the term 'Business Partners' may refer to:
- Tour providers
- Travel agencies
- Third-party suppliers
- Land transportation companies
- Payment service providers
Other Business Partners enabling travel booking through their websites and/or applications (or other means)
Individuals or legal entities maintaining a commercial relationship with a company within the housecloud.app group.
Companies using 'housecloud.app for Business' services to facilitate travel bookings for their staff are subject to our Privacy and Cookie Notice for Clients.
>This Privacy Notice pertains to any company within the housecloud.app group responsible for processing personal data related to a Business Associate. Depending on the nature of the business relationship, different companies within the housecloud.app group may be responsible for processing such personal data.
>For example, housecloud.app located in Croatia is responsible for processing travel provider data.
>To determine if and to what extent other companies within the housecloud.app group are responsible for processing personal data, please read the information provided below. This information is also included in the contract with housecloud.app and is accessible on our online platforms. Alternatively, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms Used in This Privacy Notice
The term 'Travel' refers to the various proposals and offers of routes and tourist services that can be requested, acquired, contracted, obtained, paid for, rented, provided, reserved, combined, or enjoyed by end users at the Travel Organizer.>The term 'Travel Organizer' refers to the provider of the experience (such as lodging facilities like hotels, motels, apartments, inns, owners, generally referred to as 'property collaborators'), attractions (such as theme parks, museums, guided tours), transportation service providers (such as car rentals, cruises, trains, taxi services, airport transfers, bus tours, transfer services), tour operator companies, travel-related insurance, and any other travel-related offer or service that is occasionally made available on our Travel Booking platforms. >The term 'Travel Offer' refers to the purchase, order, payment (facilitated), or booking service (online) provided or activated by Prenotazione.com regarding different itinerary options and services proposed from time to time on the platform by Travel Organizers. >The term 'Travel Booking' refers to the ordering, acquisition, payment, or booking of a Travel Experience.
The individual data that Housecloud.app collects in relation to Business Activity Collaborators depends on the connection status and business interaction that binds them for the commercial purposes of Housecloud.app, the decisions made by the Business Activity Collaborator, and the items, services, and options they utilize.
The informational elements included in the following sections are considered 'personal information' only when they pertain to an individual person (i.e., a single individual). These informational elements are not considered 'personal information' when they are related to a business or legal entity.
If you are a Business Activity Collaborator resident in the state of California, USA, in addition to the information mentioned here, you have additional rights as specified in the privacy notice applicable to California.
The personal information collected by Housecloud.app about Business Activity Collaborators might include the following:
Individually Provided Information
We collect contact information from Business Associates, such as the first name and last name, date of birth (where necessary), addresses, business email addresses, phone numbers, and fax numbers.
We collect necessary payment and billing information (which might include bank details, bank account numbers, and VAT numbers) and details required for managing credit notes.
Housecloud.app might require Business Activity Collaborators or their representatives to provide copies of business registration documents, their ID card or passport, a photo, video, or other relevant information to verify the authenticity of the Business Activity Collaborator. These documents might include licenses or tax details.
When a Business Activity Collaborator communicates with Housecloud.app, we collect and process details about such communications. During interactions with our support service, there might be real-time monitoring, and conversations might be recorded for quality control and training purposes. These recordings might also be used for complaint handling and fraud detection purposes.
These records are stored for a limited period before being automatically deleted, unless Housecloud.app has a legitimate interest in keeping them for a longer period. This only occurs in exceptional circumstances, such as fraud investigations, compliance obligations, and legal issues.
Automatically Collected Information
Depending on the business relationship, Housecloud.app may also automatically collect information, some of which might be personal data. This data is collected when a commercial partner uses online services such as a registration form, a user account (e.g., for the extranet or affiliate area), a supplier management platform, or a Housecloud.app app like Pulse.
The collected data might include:
- Language settings
- IP address
- Device settings
- Device operating system
- Registration information
- Usage time
- Requested URL
- Status report
- User agent (browser version information)
- Outcome (viewing or booking)
- Browsing history
- User booking ID
- Device identifying data such as Android ID, MAC address, IMEI
- Type of data viewed.
Third Party Data Provided by You
When sharing personal information of other individuals for business purposes - such as data regarding staff - you confirm that you have informed these individuals about the use of their personal data by Housecloud.app, in line with the current privacy notice. In addition, you attest that you have obtained all necessary consents as required by applicable laws and regulations.
Further details from other sources. Details about insolvency situations.
In insolvency situations, Housecloud.app might receive details from insolvency administrators, courts, or other public entities regarding a Business Activity Collaborator.
Information related to requests from public safety authorities and the treasury
Law enforcement and tax authorities might reach out to Housecloud.app to provide further information about Business Activity Collaborators in case they are involved in an investigation.
Fraud detection and prevention, risk management, and compliance
In certain circumstances, and to the extent permitted by current legislation, Housecloud.app might need to collect data through third parties for fraud detection and prevention, risk management, and regulatory compliance purposes.
Purpose of ProcessingHousecloud.app utilizes information regarding Business Activity Collaborators, mentioned previously, some of which may include personal data, for the following purposes:
- A. Registration and Management Housecloud.app uses account details, contact information, and financial information to manage the relationship with Business Activity Collaborators. These objectives include registration and verification. Some information, such as the name and address of a Business Activity Collaborator, may be used for other purposes in accordance with the contract between the Collaborator and Housecloud.app. An example could be the use of contact details of a partner property to enable bookings through a third-party website.
- B. Customer Support Information provided by Business Activity Collaborators (which may include personal data) is used by Housecloud.app to provide support services, such as responding to requests, questions, or concerns from Business Activity Collaborators or customers.
- C. Other Activities, Including Promotion If a potential Business Activity Collaborator has not completed the online registration, Housecloud.app may send a reminder to complete the registration process. We believe this additional service is helpful for future Business Activity Collaborators as it simplifies the registration completion without having to re-enter all the data. Housecloud.app might invite Business Activity Collaborators to participate in events or offer hospitality in events deemed relevant or interesting. We might also use personal data to host online forums that allow Business Activity Collaborators to find answers to frequently asked questions about the use of Housecloud.app products and services. Regarding the business relationship, Housecloud.app uses personal data for communications, such as information about system updates or product updates, sending the Housecloud.app newsletter, inviting Business Activity Collaborators to participate in referral programs or contests (such as Booking Hero), or for other marketing communications. When using personal data to send direct electronic advertising messages, we always provide options to withdraw consent.
- D. Communication Tools Housecloud.app offers various means for communication between Business Activity Collaborators and guests (potential or current) before or after a booking. Business Activity Collaborators can also contact Housecloud.app to forward information or questions to guests or to communicate with guests using email aliases, which always include Housecloud.app as the recipient. Housecloud.app may access communications between Business Activity Collaborators and guests. We also use automated systems to review, scan, and analyze communications for the following purposes: Security Fraud Prevention Compliance with laws and regulations Investigations into potential illicit behavior Product development and improvement Research Customer engagement (including providing guests with information or offers deemed interesting) Technical support or customer assistance. Communications sent or received through Housecloud.app's communication tools will be received and archived by Housecloud.app.
- F. Security, Fraud Prevention, and Detection We process provided information (which may include personal data) to investigate, prevent, and identify fraud and other illicit activities. This information might include personal data provided by a Business Activity Collaborator to Housecloud.app as part of the verification process during registration, automatically collected personal data, or personal data obtained from third parties (including guests). Housecloud.app might also use personal data to facilitate investigations and enforce regulations by competent authorities when necessary. For this purpose, personal data may be shared with law enforcement authorities. Housecloud.app may also use personal data to assess risks and security reasons, including user authentication, and collaborate with external service providers for risk management concerning third parties. These providers help us evaluate the risk profile of our Business Activity Collaborators and may provide us with due diligence reports on third parties that, if allowed by applicable law, may include information about criminal convictions and offenses of owners or Business Activity Collaborators.
- G. Legal and Regulatory Compliance Purposes In specific situations, Housecloud.app must use the provided information (which may include personal data) to address and resolve legal issues or undergo regulatory investigations, as well as manage risks and maintain compliance. We might also use such information to enforce the terms of contracts with business partners or to resolve claims or disputes involving guests, in accordance with our internal policies and procedures. Additionally, it might be necessary to share details about business partners (including personal data) if required by law or if strictly necessary to respond to requests from competent authorities. This could involve tax authorities, courts, public entities, or other state institutions (e.g., to comply with regulations related to short-term rentals). When we use automated methods to process personal data that may have legal effects or a significant impact on you or other individuals, we will take appropriate measures to protect your rights and freedoms, as well as those of the other involved individuals. This will include the right to obtain human intervention.
Sharing of Information
Sharing with Affiliate Companies
To support the use of services offered by Housecloud.app, your information (which may include personal data) might be shared with affiliate companies belonging to the Housecloud.app group.
Sharing with Third Parties We share information about business partners (potentially including personal information) with third parties, in accordance with applicable laws and as described below:
- 1. Service and Product Providers: Some third-party service providers may receive personal data to provide our products and services, prevent fraud, store data, support other business activities, or perform operations on our behalf.
- 2. Payment Service Providers and Financial Institutions: To process payments between a business partner and Housecloud.app, or between a guest and a business partner, relevant personal data is shared with payment service providers and financial institutions.
- 3. Sanctions list screening and risk management, in accordance with applicable law.
- 4. Mandatory Disclosure: When required by law or strictly necessary for the execution of our services, or in legal contexts, or to protect our rights or the rights of other members of the Housecloud.app group or users, we commit to sharing personal data with law enforcement, investigative organizations, or other group members.
- Sharing and Disclosure of Aggregated Data We might share information in aggregated form or other forms that don't allow the recipient to identify users. This might include data used for sectoral analysis or creating demographic profiles.
We rely on dedicated procedures to prevent unauthorized access to personal data and their misuse.
We use industry-standard systems and procedures to safeguard information containing personal data. We also employ security procedures, technical and physical restrictions to prevent unauthorized access and use of personal data stored on our servers. Only authorized personnel can access personal data during the course of their work.
We will retain personal data for as long as we deem necessary to manage the business relationship with a business partner, provide Housecloud.app services to a business partner, comply with applicable laws (including document retention laws), resolve disputes or claims with any party, and where necessary, enable us to conduct our business.
Your Options and Rights
- - You can request a copy of your personal data in our possession.
- - You have the right to inform us of any changes to your personal data or to request the correction of inaccurate personal data.
- - In certain cases, you have the right to request the erasure, restriction, or blocking of your personal data in our possession, or to object to specific ways of using personal data.
- - In certain circumstances, you have the right to request the transmission of your personal data in our possession to a third party.
When we use your personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, in accordance with applicable law. Additionally, if we process your personal data for legitimate interests or public purposes, you have the right to object at any time, again in accordance with applicable law.
Irrespective of your residence or the Housecloud.app entity with which you have entered into a contract, we expect our business partners to assist us in ensuring that the personal data in our possession is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. We ask you to promptly inform us of any changes or inaccuracies in your personal data.
We address specific privacy-related issues, requests, and concerns through internal policies and procedures compliant with applicable privacy laws, regulations, and instructions. We periodically review and improve these policies and procedures, taking into account feedback from our business partners.